mardi 22 juillet 2008

The words of Christian Boltanski


I am trying (struggling, I should say) to start writing the thesis but it is hard to get in the mood to do it. In the meantime, I read an interesting article in the series of Frères et sœurs appeared in Le Monde. It is on Les Boltanski, Luc et Christian (16 juillet 2008). I happened to find the following words of Christian, an artist, in the Tate magazine interview:

"One of the beauties of my life is that I never work. I'm lazy and I have no other way to work. I teach this to my students: you must wait and hope - there's nothing else you can do. And when you have an idea, you can do it in ten minutes."

Probably, I'll also have to wait until the moment will come. This may be an excuse to myself, though. I also found his severe and realistic (that can become prophetic under certain conditions) comments that must have come from his own experiences.

"We are all so complicated, and then we die. We are a subject one day, with our vanities, our loves, our worries, and then one day, abruptly, we become nothing but an object, an absolutely disgusting pile of shit. We pass very quickly from one stage to the next. It's very bizarre. It will happen to all of us, and fairly soon too. We become an object you can handle like a stone, but a stone that was someone."


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire